Since I often write about religious or political matters, I understand that not everybody is going to agree with me. I welcome civil debate, but there have to be some ground rules. Please consider my comment policy:
- Please read my post before commenting! It’s quite tiresome to constantly remind folks that I never actually made the statements they’ve attributed to me.
- If you want to insult me or my blog, speak your piece and go away. If you repeatedly lob insults at me, my blog, or other commenters, I will brand you a troll. (See Troll Policy below.)
- Please stay on topic.
- I’m not going to say that you cannot use profanity, but keep it in check. If profanity is the defining characteristic of your comment, I will edit or delete it.
- Check your grammar and spelling before commenting. I will delete illegible comments.
- If you’re going to contradict a factual claim I’ve made, or make one of your own, please come armed with evidence. Anecdotes (personal stories) do not count as evidence. If you want to convince me, try posting links to peer-reviewed scientific studies.
- If your comment looks like spam, I will delete it.
- I will not suffer trolls. If you persist in insulting me, my blog, or other commenters, I will revoke your commenting privilege. Then, depending on how evil I feel, I will either delete your trollish comments or edit them so that you appear to be confessing to something embarrassing (fecal incontinence, e.g.). Unfair? Maybe, but such is the price for trolling. Don’t troll.